Forgetting important passwords is the worst thing ever. Now that we have to create an account and sign up for most websites, applications, and social media, the list of passwords is never-ending. Also, it can be extremely risky to save these passwords in notes on your phone or using the old pen and paper. This way, anyone can easily access your accounts with passwords.
When you forget a particular password, you have to go through the super long procedure of clicking on “Forgot password”, and reset a new password through a mail or SMS facility, depending on the website or application.
This is the reason why many of us might resort to keeping the same passwords across multiple websites. Another way we all might have used at a point of time is setting small, simple passwords to remember easily. It is essential for you to know that doing this makes your device and its data more susceptible to hacking.
Security is the most important thing that anyone surfing on the internet should practice. Your device holds sensitive data; all the accounts open on your device, be it Netflix, your Bank’s application, Social media like Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Tinder, etc. If your privacy and security are compromised, all these accounts can easily be lost from your control and in the hands of a mischievous cybercriminal.
To prevent you from all this trouble and more, app developers have taken over the password management market. Everyone needs a password manager for their laptops, computers, phones, and tabs.
Password manager applications are available for download, developed by third parties. They all have a different feature that might help you out in the privacy spectrum of using technology. Your Android devices are used all day by you and require a good password manager application to make sure that you can have the password you need when you need it.
It is essential to download only trustworthy applications since keeping your passwords in unsafe hands will only be a cause of immense worry for you and your confidential data.
10 Best Password Manager Apps for Android
#1 BITWARDEN PASSWORD MANAGER
This is a 100% Open source software, and you can host your own server for passwords on GitHub . It is very cool that everyone can freely audit, review, and contribute to Bitwarden’s database. The 4.6-star holder on Google Play Store is one that will impress you with its password management services.
Bitwarden understands that password theft is a serious issue and how websites and apps are always under attack. Here are some of the features of Bitwarden Password Manager:
- Security vault feature to manage all passwords and logins. The vault is an encrypted one that can sync across all your devices.
- Easy access and quick login with your passwords available.
- Auto-fill feature within the web browsers that you use.
- If you cannot think of strong and secure passwords, the Bitwarden manager will help you do exactly that by creating random passwords for you.
- The security vault with all your logins and passwords is protected by you with a variety of options- Fingerprint, passcode, or PIN.
- There are several themes and an array of customization features available.
- Data is sealed by salted hashing, PBKDF2 SHA-256, and AES-256 bit.
Thus, you can rest assured that Bitwarden Password Manager data is accessible by you and only you! Your secrets are safe with them. You can download this password manager from the Google Play Store. It is completely free and does not have a paid version. They basically give you all this goodness for not even a single penny.
One of the best password manager apps for Android in the market is the 1Password – Password manager and secure wallet. Android central has elected it as one of the best password manager for Android devices- phones, tablets, and computers. This beautiful yet simplistic password manager has all the good features you could ask for in a password manager. Here are some of the key features:
- Password creator for strong, random, and unique passwords.
- Sync your login and passwords across a variety of devices- your tablets, your phone, computer, etc.
- You can share passwords that you wish to, with your family or even official company account passwords with your company, through a safe channel.
- Unlock of the password management can only be done with Fingerprint. That is actually the safest way!
- It is also utilized for saving financial information, personal documents, or any data that you wish to keep under lock and key and in safe hands.
- Organize your information easily.
- Create more than one security vault to store confidential data.
- Search features to find your data easily.
- Safety even when the device is lost or stolen.
- Easy migration between multiple accounts with family and team.
Yes, that is a lot of goodness in one password manager alone! The 1Password app is free for the first 30- days, but after that, you will need to subscribe to them in order to continue using it all. The app is well awarded and has a 4.2-star rating on Google Play Store.
Also Read: Top 10 Free Fake Call Apps for Android
The price for 1Password varies from $2.99 to $4.99 per month. Honestly, password and file management in a safe manner is something that no one would mind such a small amount for.
#3 ENPASS PASSWORD MANAGER
Secure management of all your passcodes is important, and Enpass password manager understands that well. They have their app available for every platform- tablets, desktops, and Android phones as well. They claim to have the full-featured desktop version for free, which you can use to evaluate this particular password manager before downloading it on your Android phone and purchasing it for good.
The Enpass app is full of great features, which have fetched it some great reviews from users and a 4.3 Star rating on Google Play Store.
Here are the highlights of this application:
- Zero data is stored on their servers, so the app does not risk your data leakage at all.
- It is an offline application.
- Their security vault allows you to store credit card details, bank accounts, licenses, and important information like files, photos, and documents.
- The data can be synced across devices with cloud facilities.
- You can backup your data once in a while with Wi-Fi to make sure you don’t lose any of it.
- Multiple vaults can be created and even shared with accounts of family members or colleagues.
- Their military-grade encryption gives you all the necessary reassurance about their security.
- Simple and good-looking UI.
- Strong passwords can be generated through their password generator feature.
- Easy organization of data with their variety of templates.
- The app can be unlocked only through biometric verification.
- Two-factor authentications for added security with KeyFile. (optional)
- They have a dark theme feature, as well.
- The password audit feature allows you to keep track if you aren’t repeating any pattern while maintaining the passwords.
- Autofill is available, too, even in your Google chrome browser.
- They offer premium support to make sure that you get the best experience and never have trouble with their application.
The main features are available only if you pay a price of $12 to unlock everything. It is a one-time payment, which makes it worth it. There is a free version with very basic features and only a 20-password allowance, but I would suggest you download this third-party application for password management only if you want to purchase it.
#4 GOOGLE PASSWORDS
Well, how can you ever come up with a need for an essential utility like password management, which Google does not take care of? Google password is a built-in feature for all those who use Google as their default search engine on their Android.
To access and manage your Google password settings, you will have to enter your Google password, on the official website or the Google account settings. Here are some of the features that Google brings to you with its password manager:
- Built-in with the Google app.
- Auto-fill in whenever you save a password for any website you previously visited on the browser.
- Start or stop Google from saving your passwords.
- Delete, see or even export the passwords you have saved.
- Easy to use, no requirement to keep checking on the google password website again and again.
- When you turn on Sync for passwords on Google Chrome, you can save a password to your Google account. The passwords can then be used whenever you use your google account on any device.
- Trustworthy and safe password manager.
The Google password is a default feature, which needs to be activated. You do not need to download anything as Android phones have Google as their default search engine. The Google app is a free one.
If you have ever used the well-renowned VPN Tunnel bear , you might be familiar with the quality it offers. In 2017, Tunnel Bear released its password management application for Android called RememBear. The app is extremely adorable, and so is its name. The interface is cute and friendly, will never get you a boring vibe even for a second.
The free version of the RememBear password manager is only for one device per account and will not include Sync or backup. Here are some of the features that the app offers its users. After reading this, you can decide if it is worth it to pay for it or not.
- Excellent user-friendly interface – simple and straightforward.
- Available on iOS, desktop, and Android
- Security vault for saving all passwords.
- Find credentials that have been trashed from the vault earlier.
- Storage of website passwords, credit card data, and secured notes.
- Sync all the stored data across devices.
- Organize them in alphabetical order and search easily with the search bar.
- The categorization is done according to the type on its own.
- The app automatically tends to lock itself, making it safe, even on desktops.
- A password generator feature allows the creation of random passwords.
- Provides extensions for Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox Quantum.
One annoying feature is how the trash has to be deleted manually and that too one at a time. This is extremely time-taking at times and can be frustrating. The time that installation takes is also a little longer than one would expect.
Also Read: Unlock Android Phone If You Forgot the Password or Pattern Lock
But otherwise, this app has a way to many features, and they are too good to complain about.
Unlock their priority customer services, secure backup, and sync features with a small price of $3/ month.
Keeper is a keeper! One of the old and best password manager app for Android is keeper, the one-stop solution to all your needs. It has a stellar rating of 4.6-stars, the highest on this list of password managers for Android phones yet! It is a highly rated and most trusted manager, thus justifying its high number of downloads.
There are several features that you should know about before you decide on this app and download it into your Android phone:
- Simple, extremely intuitive app for managing passwords.
- Security vault for files, photos, videos, and passwords.
- Highly encrypted vaults with high security
- Unmated security- Zero-knowledge security, with layers of encryption.
- Password auto-filling saves a lot of time.
- BreachWatch is a unique feature that scans the dark web to audit your passwords and notifies you of any risk.
- Provides two-factor authentication by integrating with SMS, Google Authenticator, YubiKey, SecurID).
- Make strong passwords super quickly with their generator.
- Fingerprint login to the password manager.
- Emergency Access feature.
The keeper password manager offers a free trial version, and the paid version stands at up to $9.99 per year. It might be one of the most expensive ones, but it is definitely worth the price you pay.
#7 LastPass PASSWORD MANAGER
A simple yet intuitive utility tool for managing and creating your passwords is the Last Pass Password manager. It can be utilized across all devices- desktops, laptops, tablets, and your phones- Android and iOS. Now you do not need to go through the whole frustrating password resetting process or be scared about your accounts getting hacked anymore. Lastpass brings you great features for a good price, to take all your worries away. The Google Play store has made this password manager available for download and also has great reviews along with a 4.4-star rating for it.
Here are some of its key features:
- Secure vault for saving all confidential information, passwords, login ids, usernames, online shopping profiles.
- Strong and powerful password generator.
- Automatic username and passwords protected in versions later than Android Oreo and future OS.
- Fingerprint access to everything in the password manager application on your phones.
- Get a double layer of security with the multi-factor authentication feature.
- Encrypted storage for files.
- Tech support for its priority customers.
- AES 256- bit bank-level encryption.
The premium version of this app stands at $2-$4 per month and gives you extra support facilities, up to 1 GB storage for files, desktop biometric authentication, unlimited password, notes sharing, etc. The app is great for your Android devices if you wish to have an organized and secure environment for all your important passwords and other login details.
The ultra-stylish password manager called Dashlane offers three versions- Free, Premium, and Premium Plus. The third-party application is extremely easy to use and has a simple UI. The free version of this app will allow you to store 50 passwords for a single device per account. The premium and premium plus have slightly advanced features and facilities.
Whether you utilize a password once in a day or once in two years, Dashlane will have them ready for you when you need them. Here are some of the good features of this password manager and generator:
- Creates unique and strong passwords.
- Types them online for you, when you need them- Autofill feature.
- Add passwords, import, and save them as and when you browse the internet and surf different websites.
- If your sites ever suffer a breach, you will be alarmed and alerted by Dashlane.
- Password backups are available.
- Syncs your passwords across all gadgets that you use.
- Premium Dashlane offers a Secure browser and dark web monitoring to audit your passwords and make sure that you are at no risk.
- Premium Plus Dashlane offers further advanced features like Identity theft insurance and credit monitoring.
- Available for iOS and Android.
Also Read: 9 Best City Building Games for Android
The premium version is priced at $5 per month, while the premium plus is priced at $10 per month. To read the specifications that Dash lane makes available to you for each of these packages, you can visit their official website and look.
#9 PASSWORD SAFE – SECURE PASSWORD MANAGER
One of the highest-rated on this list of password manager apps for Android phones is Password-safe with a 4.6-star rating on the Google Play store. You can place a 100% trust in this application with all your passwords, account data, pins, and other confidential info.
There is no automatic sync feature, but that only makes this application more secure. The reason for this being that it is entirely offline in nature. It will not ask you to access the internet permission.
Some of the greatest features for managing passwords and generating them are made available by this app, in the simplest of manner. Here are some of them:
- Secure vault for saving data.
- Completely offline.
- Uses AES 256 Bit military-grade encryption.
- No auto-sync feature.
- Inbuilt export and import facility.
- Backup the database to cloud services like Dropbox or any other ones that you use.
- Create secure passwords with the password generator.
- Automatically clears your clipboard to keep you protected.
- Widgets for home screen password generation.
- The user interface is customizable.
- For the free version- app access through a password and for the premium version- biometric and face unlock.
- The Premium version of password safe allows exporting to print and pdf.
- You can monitor password history and automatic log-out from the application (only with the premium version).
- The self-destruction feature is also a premium feature.
- The statistics will provide you with insight into your passwords.
These were most of the highlights of this password manager – Password safe. The free version has all the necessities that you may require, so it is definitely worth a download. The premium version carries some advanced features for better security like mentioned in the list of features above. It is priced at $3.99. It is one of the good ones on the market, and it is not that pricey either. So, it can be a good option for you to explore.
Exclusively for Android users, this password management app has proved to be a boon for many users due to all that it offers for Free. It is true that this app may not offer very complicated features like some that I have mentioned before in this list, but it does the work it is supposed to. The reason for its success is mostly the fact that it is priced at nothing and that it is open-source software.
Developed by Croco Apps, Keepass2android has a great 4.6-star rating on the google play store services. It aims at a very simple synchronization between multiple devices of the user.
Here are some of the features of this very simple application that you will appreciate:
- Secure vault with high-level encryption to ensure the safety of data.
- Open source in nature.
- QuickUnlock feature- biometric and password options available.
- If you do not wish to use the Sync feature, you can use this app offline.
- Soft Keyboard feature.
- Two-factor authentication is possible with support from several TOTP and ChaCha20.
The app has great reviews on google play, and you will love the simplicity that runs behind it. It Is a safe one and looks after all your basic needs. The app is updated frequently, and bug fixes and improvements are made to make it better with every passing update.
Now that you are familiar with the 10 best password manager apps available for Androids, you can fix your budget for purchasing any one of these or go in for a free one like Keepass2Android or Bitwarden free versions, for your basic password management needs.
Some other good password manager applications for Android, which have not been mentioned in the list above, are – a wallet Password manager, Password manager Safe in Cloud. They are all available in the Google Play store for download.
You can rest assured with any of these apps that your confidential data is safe and secure. No need to have a hard time remembering your long, confusing passwords, or wracking your brain to make new ones.
Recommended: 12 Best Weather Apps and Widget for Android
If we have missed out on any good password manager apps for Android devices, do mention them below in the comments section.
Thank you for reading!